Find 3zArt on: Artfire | Twitter | Plurk | Facebook | YouTube

Friday, February 13, 2009

Finally starting on my New Year's resolution...

As I said a few posts back my New Year's resolution was to do my pilates 3-4 times a week. Well I FINALLY started doing them about 2 weeks ago and have really been feeling a lot better. I haven't been craving junk food as much as I used to (oddly enough I've been getting chocolate cravings...before I started dieting I never craved sweets). I like Denise Austin's Pilates for Everybody DVD....she gets a bit annoying so I've started muting it and just playing music. You can only hear, "Girdle of strength....let me see those smiling faces..." so many times. Another really odd thing is I have been waking up starving in the mornings. Usually I don't eat my breakfast until about noon. I like a few hours to just drink coffee and chill and really don't like food with my coffee. I've cut back to 2 cups of coffee a day and then the rest of the day I drink tea. I haven't really lost any weight but I feel better and I can see some results. I'm not too concerned with a number anyway...just want to take care of myself and feel good about my body, inside and out.

I was approved for 1000 Markets the other day and have been trying to get that shop set up. I also have been setting up Artfire Studios for my Mom and Grandmother, and trying to get mine stocked while not completely neglecting my Etsy shop. My plate is a little full =)
I'm still on my never ending task of retaking product pictures. I need to get some more backdrops for my lightbox but am scared to go to any craft shop as I always spend too much money. I did have a red piece of foam lying around and was able to get this awesome picture:
Which reminds me! If you have decora switch plates I will be adding lots more in the near future! Every time I have to make a toggle or outlet switch plate I've been making a decora out of the same pattern. Well I am starting to ramble and really need to get to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
-3z
P.S. If you have a moment please stop by and check out this week's featured product for the Artfire Decor Guild!  Thanks =)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Being hungry in the morning usually means your metabolism is more efficient, good luck!

Unknown said...

I for one have not stuck to my news year resolution but reading your post made me want to be more truthful with myself and better myself. Thank you for sharing.

on a side note I was nominated for a Lemonade Award by Caly's Jewelry Creation and I am passing that award onto you for inspiring me to do something good for myself. To view the rules for the contest and award just visit my blog at www.libertydoll.blogspot.com. it maybe a few minutes before my blog post is up talking about the award.

marciamenendez said...

Good for you! I need to start doing something to get me going! I had a D. Austin vid back in the 90's. I wanted to tear her limb from limb.

Anne said...

Congrats on sticking to your new years resolutions!

I wanted to tell you about one reason why you feel better when you choose to switch to tea. While both have caffeine, there are polyphenols in tea which (in addition to having some pretty remarkable health benefits) act as a buffer against the effects of caffeine. So, rather than having a JOLT from tea (like you would from coffee) you get a nice, steady stream of alertness. This is one reason why I had to stop drinking coffee is that the strong effects of caffeine where making me nauseated.

Anyways... YAY for tea! LOL

~Anne
http://liberteas.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Way to go on workig out :) We are just getting back on track around here too :) btw I tagged you on my blog.