Find 3zArt on: Artfire | Twitter | Plurk | Facebook | YouTube

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Newspaper Bandit

So this morning I finished drinking my coffee and was heading to the the kitchen to rinse out my coffee cup.  I looked out the window and saw this strange lady parked in front of our house.  When I went to the window she was walking back to the car and I was trying to figure out what she had done to our car.  I started to head out side and she sped away.  I ran to look at the back of the car and to my surprise the newspaper was gone!! What kind of person does that?  We only get the Sunday paper so that my Stepdad can have the TV Guide (He is not going to be pleasant when he wakes up).
I'm not too mad about the fact that she stole the newspaper, but more that I have to leave the house on Sunday which is our day to stay in.  I got a google map & edited it in paint to put everything in perspective.  A is my house and B is the Gas Station by our house.  The wonderfully drawn arrows show the route I saw her taking after she sped away from our house.  So not only did she probably spend more in gas to drive here than the newspaper originally cost, but she very likely passed a gas station where she could buy her own newspaper.  I guess I can be thankful for her to give me something to blog about today!  Knowing me I probably would have gone on about my Jacket shopping and gift certificates (which are coming out really well I just need to figure out how to get the ink not to smear on the glossy card stock..hairspray?).
-3zArt

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Horrific, maybe she didn't have the money for the sunday paper. Cost's a dollar fifty.

Or maybe there must have been something in the paper that she didn't want you to read.

UniqueNurseGranny said...

We have that problem in the Apartment building but driving there what a thing..

Kim Caro said...

hmf! I would have jumped in my car and followed her lol. or--- i would have just saw where she lived, parked in fron of her house, called the police and waited for them and took action...ok maybe not.

¤~∙3zArt∙~¤ said...

lol Kim! I was on major coffee buzz and half considered following her once I figured out what was going on, but thought better of it =) I will be keeping an eye out for her next Sunday though! Fool me once...

shannon anne adele hartlep said...

well hopefully the news just depressed her...or her cat is having the runs

cheers, great images

Kim Caro said...

haha-- yes whip out the binoculars!

jnicdesigns said...

You know I don't get petty thieves.. the ones that still your food out of the fridge at work, the neighbors that steal the newspaper or in my case the nimrods who stole my 75lb pumpkin off my porch last fall =P! But karma will eventually get them back ;)

P and J Crafts said...

We had that problem where we used to live. No fun!

Hope to make you feel a little better with this. You've been nominated for the Marie Antoinette award! When you have time, go to my blog, http:/pandjcrafts.blogspot.com and pick it up! :-)